Announcements!

Hola...

Finally, I made my blog in blogspot... Actually I have like 4 blogs before this and lots of trouble were there... That's why I'll just repost my previous writings in my previous blogs here... Next, hope I can be active here...

Also don't forget to sign here...

So, hi!

July 30, 2010

Kids Today, Grown Ups Tomorrow!

Honestly, I’m afraid with the future of this country (d’oh what is it, buddy?). In the last couple days, I’m afraid that the kids are now being involved to what the adults think the kids need. “To help people with what they need, not with what you think they need” quoted from Chris Rock’s wife (Malaak something-forgot her name) in the premier show of Big Give. That was what brought me to this writing.

Just two days after the Obama’s winning event, a Kindergarten in Bandar Lampung brought the kids to the book store to hear the story and to dream the living of Obama when he was still in Indonesia. A group of junior high school students and their teacher made a collection of signatures in a cloth with their messages on how much they support Obama. And what I cannot believe to hear, they sang a song that adores Obama.

Now, is it pretty clear or I’m just being a paranoiac once again? These children of Indonesia were contaminated with the thoughts of irresponsible adults to adore some guy from US who ever lived in Indonesia in a short term and now is a President of US. A great achievement for Obama, I admit that myself. But these kids should get the thoughts of the greatness of our nations, our people, cultures and themselves.

They are now huge TV watchers and believe on it so much. And what I have found recently were that TV shows today are weakening the nationalism of the young generation. The disappointed testimonials and opinions of people for what our nation faces now made things worse.

Couple weeks ago, some students of elementary school made some writing in sheets of paper that they criticize the marriage of 12 years old girl with an adult. Now think (or imagine, whatever), do you really think that came from elementary school’s student to held it? I believe they were just driven by their teacher’s persuasion which has been proved works on kids. You may tell me it was an idea made by 10 years old girl to do it. Is that girl alright? A kid does not have to think about the marriage of 12 years old girl and how will it impacts her life. A kid should questions about what he can do to be the center of attention in class, or to be a hero like in the cartoon he watches every Sunday morning.

So now kids are tools to sounds the feelings of people who take the responsibility in their educational lives? I’m trying not to say yes to it. Those were just maybe a media for the teachers to teach the students about sympathy and faith of reaching something. But I cannot agree with that method they use. There are times and phase of growing people to digest and learn things. Not to force them with our faith, but to crystallize them with our big 5 ideology (what can be more beautiful than Pancasila?). To let them understand and perceive things with these ideologies, then guide them when they got lost or perceive from the wrong perceptions.

Men, I’m afraid that this country is impossible to be saved. I still have a faith that I will experience the glorious Indonesia in my lifetime. I believe that I was educated well and I believe it just about time when the youngsters show their teeth. But with these some events happened, will there be more people in the future who want to have their life abroad? Let us wish that Indonesia is the best life people could get in the universe tomorrow. Amien.


Originally posted here, November 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment